- J.D., magna cum laude, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas
- B.F.A., University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma
- Attorney, Ryan Law – Jay concentrates his practice on the representation of taxpayers involved in ad valorem property tax litigation at the state and local levels throughout Texas and Louisiana.
- Prior to joining the firm, Jay worked for several years as a litigation associate at a regional litigation boutique where he handled a variety of matters ranging from complex commercial litigation to insurance coverage to professional malpractice and beyond. Jay served as an extern to Judge Catharina Haynes of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and to Justice Elizabeth Lang-Miers of the Texas Fifth Court of Appeals.
Areas of Practice
- Ad Valorem Property Tax
- The Art of (Legal) Self-Defense, Texas Intensive Stage Combat Workshop 2022, Society of American Fight Directors (upcoming in September 2022).
- CLE: Practicing in the Court of Public Opinion: Considerations for High-Profile Trials, Patrick E. Higginbotham American Inn of Court (Feb. 16, 2022).
- CLE: Reservation of Rights, 21st Annual Advanced Insurance Law Course, Texas State Bar (Oct. 1, 2021).
- CLE: Hamilton and Homemade Goodies: Unusual Exceptions and Applications of Title VII (April 24, 2019).
- Patrick E. Higginbotham American Inn of Court (2019-2022), Pupil (2019-2020); Associate (2020-2022)
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers (2020-present), Co-Chair, Bolton Ball Committee
- Texas Bar College (2021-present)
- President-Elect, Dallas Theater Center Guild (2019-present)
- Mock Trial Coach, SMU Dedman School of Law (2020-present)
Admitted to Practice
- Northern District of Texas
- Eastern District of Texas
- Western District of Texas
- Southern District of Texas
- Eastern District of Louisiana
- Middle District of Louisiana
- Western District of Louisiana
United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit