- Bachelor of Accountancy with minor in Finance, University of Mississippi
- Master of Science in Accounting with emphasis in Taxation, University of Memphis
- Juris Doctorate, University of Memphis
- Director, Altus Group
- Partner, McKinnon Lynch
- Owner, McKinnon Firm
- Shareholder, Evans Petree PC
- Real Estate Agent, Crye-Leike Realtors
- Real Estate Agent, Re/Max Professionals
- Clerk, Shelby Co. Circuit Court
Since 2008, I have practiced exclusively in the area of property tax law representing taxpayers challenging their property tax assessments on multifamily, commercial, industrial, and healthcare real and personal property. I hold a CMI in property tax from the Institute for Professionals in Taxation (IPT), and currently sit on the CMI Designation Committee. Prior to joining Ryan Law, I held a variety of roles in the property tax field. Most recently I was a Director at Altus Group and a Partner at McKinnon Lynch Firm. I started my legal career at Evans Petree PC working in their Property Tax Group. Before attending law school, I was a SALT tax accountant at AutoZone and a real estate broker.
I have a unique combination of education and experience that provides me with an excellent foundation for evaluating and anticipating clients’ property tax needs. I am a strong advocate with a litigator’s tenacity. As an attorney in the property tax field, I do not limit my practice to the legal aspects of my clients’ cases. I work in-depth on valuation and finessing valuation issues through the nuances of the property tax laws in various states in the Southeast.
When I am not working, I enjoy spending time with my husband and son at our family farm or relaxing at the lake. I am an avid reader and developed an unexpected love of skiing after a spur of the moment trip to Colorado ten years ago.
If you need assistance with a property tax matter, please get in touch with me at 901-218-8320 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Professional / Civic Affiliations
- IPT, CMI Designation Committee
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Memphis Bar Association
Admitted to Practice
- Tennessee, 2008
- Mississippi, 2008
Law School Awards
- Best Oral Advocate – Legal Methods
- Best Appellate Brief – Legal Methods
- Member of National Mock Trial Team for two (2) years
- CALI Award (highest grade in course) – Property II, Legal Methods, Copy Right Law