- J.D., DePaul University College of Law
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Finance, Illinois State University
- Partner, Ryan Law
- Concentrates on representing owners of complex commercial, industrial and residential properties in challenging property tax assessments extended against their property.
- Represents clients before township and county assessors, boards of review, state agencies, and circuit court.
- Adjunct Professor, Chicago-Kent College of Law
- Partner, Schiller, Strauss & Lavin
- Partner, Robert H. Rosenfeld & Assoc.
- Partner, Field and Goldberg, LLC
- Senior Counsel, Neal Gerber and Eisenberg, LLC
PUBLIC SECTOR EXPERIENCE
- Deputy Supervisor, Real Estate Tax Division of the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office
- Prosecutor, Felony Trial Division and Bureau of Special Prosecutions, Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office
David’s broad depth of property tax experience is national in scope and concentrates on representing owners of complex commercial and industrial properties in challenging property tax assessments extended against their property. He has represented several Fortune 500 companies locally and nationally, litigating property assessment appeals in 26 states while achieving property tax savings and refunds which exceed $40 million. He has successfully litigated the valuation of diverse properties including landfills, nursing homes, corporate headquarters, leasehold estates, telecommunications and large downtown office buildings and hotels.
In Illinois, most notably Cook County, he represents a wide range of clients before the Assessor’s Office, the Board of Review, the State of Illinois Property Tax Appeals Board (“PTAB”) and in the Circuit Court of Cook County, as well as litigating tax objections, exemption and classification issues, tax sale and tax deed matters in both the Circuit and Appellate Courts.
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- State of Illinois