- J.D., Duquesne University School of Law
- B.A., English, Colgate University
- Cum Laude
Civil litigator with extensive experience in commercial real estate assessment disputes, litigating over three hundred million dollars in property value on behalf of both property owners and taxing bodies.
Representative litigation includes the assessment value of the Edgar Thomson Steel Works, EsMark Corporate Headquarters, PPG Research and Development Center, the Union Trust Building, and the HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Sewickley, as well as various golf-courses, country clubs, entertainment complexes, hotels, Walmart, Home Depot, Walgreens, Best Buy, Sears, and Family Dollar properties.
- Attorney, Bernstein-Burkley
- Attorney, Goerhing, Rutter & Boehm
- Extern with the Honorable Joy Flowers Conti in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
First-chair trial experience and favorable verdict regarding Constitutional Uniformity violations pursuant to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court’s decision in Valley Forge Towers Apartments N, LP v. Upper Merion Area Sch. Dist. & Keystone Realty Advisors, LLC, 163 A.3d 962 (Pa. 2017).
First-chair trial verdict concerning issues of “tax immunity” raised by the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education.
Regional counsel to a national property tax assessment consulting firm specializing in commercial, industrial, multi-residential and special purpose properties.
Initiated and settled successful litigation regarding the tax-exempt status of a local hospital and health-care system.
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Carson Scholars Fund
- St. Edmund’s Academy Volunteer
- Fox Chapel Area Youth Soccer Assistant Coach
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit