- J.D., Chicago-Kent College of Law
- B.A., Economics, Loyola University of Chicago
- B.A., Political Science, Loyola University of Chicago
- Assistant State’s Attorney, Real Estate Tax Division of the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office
- Attorney, Cook County Board of Review
- Commercial Analyst, Cook County Board of Review
- FOIA Officer, Cook County Board of Review
- Director of Constituent Outreach, Cook County Board of Review
Elly Drake joined Ryan Law after more than a decade of real estate tax experience in the public sector.
Prior to joining the firm, Elly served as an Assistant State’s Attorney in the Real Estate Tax Division of the State’s Attorney’s Office. While representing Cook County, Elly’s practice focused on real estate tax litigation, defending the Assessor, Board of Review, Treasurer and Clerk in an array of matters. Elly has extensive knowledge and experience in handling specific-tax objections, tax injunctions, tax sales, and actions seeking awards from the indemnity fund. She has defended her clients in both the County and Law Divisions of the Circuit Court and before the Illinois Property Tax Appeal Board.
Elly was also a tax attorney at the Cook County Board of Review. Elly concentrated on real estate valuation and taxation and has adjudicated on hundreds of complex commercial, industrial, residential, and condominium tax assessment appeals. During her eight years there, she was also Freedom of Information Act Officer (“FOIA”) and Director of Outreach, where she served as a taxpayer advocate and a governmental liaison to Cook County businesses and homeowners.
Certified as an Illinois Assessing Officer and equipped with both private and public sector experience, Elly offers a high-level understanding and strategic resolutions for clients on all levels of real estate tax matters throughout Cook County and Illinois.
Areas of Expertise
- Interdisciplinary representation of clients and governmental entities in all aspects of the property tax cycle.
- Concentration in complex property valuation and taxation issues for businesses and homeowners.
- Expertise in diverse property types, including commercial, industrial, residential and condominium properties.
- Litigation and courtroom experience.
Professional / Civic Affiliations
- Women in Property Tax Association
- Hellenic Bar Association
- ISBA, State and Local Taxation
- Chicago Bar Association
Admitted to Practice
- Illinois Bar, 2015
- Northern District of Illinois, 2016
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois