- J.D. American University Washington College of Law
- B.A. Trinity University
- Attorney, Ryan Law, Washington, D.C.
- Negotiates property valuation settlements and represents commercial clients in tax litigation controversies. Handles matters including real property tax, tax exemption status, the applicability of sales and use tax, and recordation and transfer tax.
- Assistant Attorney General, Office of the Attorney General for the District of Columbia, Washington, D.C.
- Provided legal counsel to District agencies regarding land use planning, zoning, and historic preservation. Attended and provided legal guidance at meetings and hearings of the Zoning Commission and the Board of Zoning Adjustment. Drafted memoranda of legal advice and complex orders, and evaluated rulemakings and contested cases for legal sufficiency.
- Underwriting Counsel, First American Title Insurance Company, Houston, Texas
- Provided counsel on a range of legal issues for title insurance underwriting purposes, including bankruptcy, mechanics liens, construction, family and divorce, probate and intestate succession, oil, gas, and mineral interests, and tax and bank foreclosure.
- Commissioner, District of Columbia Real Property Tax Appeals Commission, Washington, D.C.
- Served as District of Columbia Commissioner charged with hearing second level appeals of disputed real property tax assessments involving both residential and commercial properties. Questioned representatives from the District of Columbia Office of Tax and Revenue and petitioners appearing before the Commission. Conducted comparable sale, cost approach to value, and income approach to value analyses; deliberated with other Commissioners; and composed decisions explaining rationale.
- Realty Project Manager, District of Columbia Department of Housing and Community Development, Washington, D.C.
- Served as principal liaison with real estate developers, public and private agencies, and property owners with responsibility for acquiring and disposing of real property. Developed and implemented new programs to dispose of single-family, multi-family, and commercial properties owned by the District of Columbia. Managed residential property auction program generating over $8M in revenue for the District. Negotiated contracts, prepared closings, and monitored construction projects through completion.
Professional / Civic Affiliations
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
Admitted to Practice
- District of Columbia
- State of Maryland