- J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law
- Cum Laude
- Editor, International Law Review
- Chief Counsel, Federal Taxpayer Clinic
- B.A., Accounting, Texas State University
- Magna Cum Laude
- Provides tax litigation representation to clients in all industries in multistate tax controversies and appeals, including administrative and district court hearings and intermediate and supreme court appellate proceedings.
- Represents clients in complex commercial matters for all industries, including Fortune 500 companies, small- and medium-size businesses, and private individuals.
- Attorney, Ryan, LLC
- Represented Fortune 500 companies in complex state and local tax controversies at North America’s leading tax services firm.
- Associate, Gruber Hurst Johansen Hail & Shank
- Represented clients in state and federal courts in complex commercial controversies involving breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, commercial real estate, FLSA class actions, oil and gas, securities violations, and fraud claims.
- Senior Consultant, Ryan, LLC
- Represented clients in sales and use tax refund recovery and audit defense matters before numerous state tax-auditor agencies at North America’s leading tax services firm.
- Assisted clients in tax education and compliance.
- United States Marine Corps, Heavy Tactical Operator
Professional / Civic Affiliations
- Institute for Professionals in Taxation
- Board Member, Honor Flight Austin
- Board Member and Cofounder, Honor Courage Commitment, Inc.
- Metroplex Marines
- Advance Guard, Wounded Warrior Project
- Patriot Guard Riders
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Fraternity
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- “Who Owns the Client File?” Journal of Tax Practice & Procedure (coauthor)
Admitted to Practice
- State of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas