- Loyola University of Chicago, BBA Economics, Finance
- John Marshall School of Law, Chicago
- Moot Court Justice
- Presidential Scholar
Private Sector Experience
- Partner, Ryan Law
- Specializes in providing analysis and appeals of real property tax assessments to clients in a variety of industries.
- Represents and assists in the representation of clients before township and county assessors, boards of review, state agencies, and circuit court.
- Principal, law firm
- Specialized in real estate tax appeals and election law matters. Represented commercial and residential clients before township and county assessors, boards of review, and the Illinois Property Tax Appeal Board (PTAB).
- Partner, boutique firm
- Focus included real estate transactions and tax assessment appeals.
PUBLIC SECTOR EXPERIENCE
- First Assistant Commissioner, Cook County Board of Review
- Responsible for supervising a staff of 20 analysts, reviewed and conducted hearings on commercial properties throughout Cook County. Chaired hearings for the central business district and undervaluation appeals.
- Manager, Illinois Treasurer’s Investment Pool, Office of the Treasurer of the State of Illinois
- Specialized in marketing and client management for local units of government money market accounts.
- Trustee, Village of Chicago Ridge and Township of Worth
- 1989 to 2015, served as Chairman of the Public Works, and the Finance Committees
Admitted to Practice
- State of Illinois
- State of Kansas
- State of Minnesota
- State of Texas
Mr. Davies lectures on various tax topics for Ryan clients and the Ryan Professional Development Program. Additionally, he has appeared as a speaker for the following organizations:
- Council On State Taxation
- Interstate Tax Corporation
- National Business Institute
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- International Association of Assessing Officers -Former member
- State Bar of Texas
- Institute for Professionals in Taxation
- Real Estate Council of Greater Fort Worth
- Real Estate Investment Association (Chicago)