Kenneth West Quoted in the Wall Street Journal
February 21, 2023
Ryan Law partner Kenneth R. West was recently quoted in the Wall Street Journal on the topic of contesting property tax appeals.
West focuses his practice on litigation of property tax issues and other tax issues in both Canada and the United States. He regularly advises companies in connection with property tax issues. Ken is licensed to practice law in DC, FL, MD, NY, BC and ON. He became a Law Society of Ontario Certified Specialist in civil litigation in 2014.
The article details some of the key considerations when appealing a property tax assessment.
West’s most recent notable experience includes:
- Assisting a multinational large format retailer obtain a successful decision after a two week hearing on the application of the correct assessment methodology;
- Successfully resolved a Federal Court application for Judicial Review on a VAT tax issue.
- Appeared at the Saskatchewan Court of Appeal on a tax classification issue.
- Obtaining a tax refund for a tenant at the Toronto Pearson International Airport under the Gross and Manifest Error provision of the Municipal Act, 2001; and
- Advising on Florida and DC area property tax issues.
This article adds to the growing body of work demonstrating Ryan Law’s knowledge leadership in the field of property tax and assessment. Our attorneys are available for comment on taxation issues across North America.
If you would like a copy of the article or to discuss a property tax appeal, please reach out to Kenneth R. West directly at email@example.com.