- J.D., The George Washington University Law School
- B.A., Tufts University
- Of Counsel, Ryan Law, Washington, DC
- Counsels clients with property tax controversies in the District of Columbia.
- Negotiates property valuation settlements in mediation and arbitrations hearings, and litigates judicial appeals.
- Handles tax exemption applications and litigation for religious, educational, and charitable organizations.
- Principal Broker and General Counsel, The Columbia Company
- Oversees the management and operation of an independent real estate brokerage serving Washington, DC and Maryland, ensuring office and agent compliance with state, federal and board regulations.
- Supervises all agent and real estate transactions, including advising on and reviewing terms for negotiations, contracts, advertisements and related matters.
- Serves as a consultant and expert witness in litigation matters related to real estate.
- Principal and General Counsel, AdvantEdge Development
- Negotiated, drafted and reviewed all contracts, including options and acquisition documents, construction and permanent financing commitments, private equity placement memoranda and investment agreements.
- Ensured governmental compliance, oversaw corporate structuring, and managed successful project bid proposal with the District of Columbia government agencies.
- Associate Attorney, DLA Piper
- Represented clients in a variety of corporate and financial transactions including mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, debt financings, venture capital transactions, and other general corporate matters.
- Focused on initial public offerings, private equity and venture capital sectors.
- Assisted emerging growth companies with business relationships, organizational structuring, raising investment capital, and capital formation.
- National Association of Realtors
- Greater Capital Area Association of Realtors
- Licensed Real Estate Broker in the District of Columbia and Maryland
- Maryland Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- District of Columbia International School, Vice Chairman of the Board of Trustees
- Tufts University Black Alumni Association, President
- Banneker City Little League, Board of Directors
- Bruce Griffey Scholarship Fund, Board of Directors
Admitted to Practice
- State of Maryland
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia